PDA

View Full Version : Name of Chair that Kids Use in Kitchen to Reach the Counter?

MelissaTC
06-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Is it the learning tower? Seems like a neat thing to have...

http://store4.yimg.com/I/brandsplace_1797_77260474

nigele
06-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Cristina,

Thanks for posting about this! I've been searching to find the same thing. I saw it in a catalog last year and now it would really come in handy. (But it looks huge, doesn't it - I wonder if I could spare the kitchen space!)

Chris
06-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Yep, that's it. Thank you SO MUCH!

redhookmom
06-06-2004, 08:52 PM
I have way over thought purchasing one of these. Havn't done it yet. Here is a thread with some more information:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=409&mesg_id=409&listing_type=search

Chris
06-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the info-seems like it wouldn't be too hard to build something like this...seems so expensive for what amounts to just a chair-but then again, if it works, it's a great idea.

Erika600
07-07-2004, 11:49 PM
I have been looking for some kind of step stool to use in the kitchen mostly for DS to stand on to reach the sink for washing his hands. Then I came across the learning tower...it looks intriguing, but what makes it different from a stool or a chair? Is it just that it's safer because it has sides to it? I'm all for great baby/kid products, but I think I'm just not "getting" it. BTW, my DS is only 17 months old...maybe we just haven't reached the stage where I'll understand the necessity for such a product? Is it really useful for when they can "help" in the kitchen? TIA!

August Mom
07-08-2004, 01:18 PM
It's the sides and the fact that it won't tip like a chair. DS loves to see what I am doing and "help" me in the kitchen. But, he has fallen off the chair a couple of times. The last time, he tipped the chair over backwards. So, I ordered the Learning Tower. We haven't really gotten to use it much yet, so I can't provide much of a review, but it is not tippy at all.

Erika600
07-08-2004, 01:40 PM
OK, so it's like a safety thing then. That makes sense. I guess my DS isn't really old enough to stand there for an extended period of time and "help" yet. But I could see a chair becoming unsafe in that case. Thanks for clearing that up. I would love to hear what you think of your tower once you get to use it a little more! :)

Mommaof2
11-09-2004, 12:17 AM
What do you think of the leaning chair now that you have had it a while?

NancyP
11-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Hello,

We have had the Learning Tower for 1 year now. My sons are 2 1/2 and 5 now. We absolutly love it! My sons use this thing at least 5 times a day! As a matter of fact, just a few minutes ago I heard the water being turned on in the kitchen. Here is a picture of Liam (almost 3) washing his hands and helping clean the dishes! They psuh it to the counter by themselves when they want to "see" or participate at the counter. We have baked cookies, made pancakes, and washed dishes together with the Learning Tower. It is very safe and sturdy and I don't have to worry that they will fall off and I can keep cooking. They both fit on it together!

http://static.zoovy.com/img/hwt/W120-H120-Bffffff/L/liam_learning_tower.jpg

Here is a link for a special price to buy the learning tower for BBB members:

www.heirloomwoodentoys.com/products/G97270GSPEC

The special is $122.99 with free shipping. (It retails for $150)

Enjoy!
Nancy

Chris
11-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Hi all-

A long time ago, somebody mentioned that there is a chair out there (I remember it being expensive) that is constructed for kids to either stand in or sit in that allows them to reach the kitchen counters-so they can help you cook, etc. I think it must have had rails or something so they couldn't fall out. I can't find the post. Does anybody know of something like this? I want to find something that will allow my toddler to be in the kitchen with me (at the counter) while I cook.

Thanks for any suggestions about this. I can't cook a meal in peace without my little one wanting to help but I need to find a safe way to let her watch me cook.

Thanks!
Christina