PDA

View Full Version : What should go in my play room?

daisymommy
06-30-2004, 12:19 AM
We are in the process of buying a new house (yeah! finally!), and it has a large finished basement that is going to become Joshua's playroom. I have looked at PBK for some design ideas (very cute), but I realize that if I actually bought my furniture there, I'd go broke ;) Who else has good furniture for playrooms?

Also, I'm trying to make a list of all teh things to "stock" the playroom with. Here's what I have thought of, please help me think of some more ideas.
-All of Josh's regular small toys, in 2 storage bin systems from Target (primary color plastic bins, sitting on a shelf system).

-Little Tykes kitchen, with food, dishes, shopping cart

-Easel with chalk board on one side, paper on the other for drawing (or painting when I get that brave ;)).

-Table and chairs set (still looking for a good one--wooden or a plastic set by Little Tykes? Plastic looks safer, wood looks nicer and more classic...hmmm).

-Rug

-TV and DVD player for videos

-Bookshelf full of books, and small stuffed chair to sit in.

Anything else? Thanks!

August Mom
06-30-2004, 04:14 PM
That sounds like a pretty good list. How about a train table? (with or without trains). It would be a nice height for play and some have storage drawers underneath.

JElaineB
06-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Sounds great! I'm jealous. Our living room is the playroom here!

Are you going to have a chair or couch for yourself too? If you wanted to go all out you could put a mini-fridge down there so you don't have to go upstairs to get him a snack!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

mom2kandj
07-01-2004, 03:04 AM
Congrats on the new house!

FWIW, I'd make sure that you have space for a desk and have it computer ready with cable and a phone jack. In the blink of an eye, Josh will be ready for computer time and it will freak you out! DD already logs on to her desktop profile, opens Internet Explorer, and accesses her *favorites* sites on the Web using her own ELMO kidsized mouse! (And to think that in junior high I was learning BASIC in our computers class! YIKES!) :P

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02