PDA

View Full Version : Are Bath Fingerpaints/Crayons Any Good?

August Mom
07-21-2004, 01:32 AM
I saw some very cool looking art products by Alex at the toy store today and was wondering about your experience with paints and crayons designed for the tub. I know that Crayola also makes items like this. Do your kids like them? If so, which brand is best?

egoldber
07-21-2004, 03:48 PM
I don't like the Alex crayons at all. They melt and the crayon holder broke pretty easily. (These were the Alex ones.) We have bath paints by Crayola and also Sesame Street ones (that I have only seen at BRU). DD is VERY fond of the paints.

HTH,

hjdong
07-21-2004, 11:35 PM
DH felt the same way about the Alex crayons - and they left a difficult to remove stain around the tub. However, DS loves to draw on the tray of his highchair and they are great for that! Instead of scrubbing the tray with baking soda to get the crayon off, I know rinse the crayon and any dirt right off. DH was a genius for suggesting it.

mamahill
07-22-2004, 09:24 PM
I don't know what kind of crayons we have, but Ainsleigh loves them. Paints are good too. Sorry, I'm no help. But they are fun!

MelissaTC
07-24-2004, 11:22 PM
ITA about the Alex crayons. DS loves them but what a pain to get the red crayon off the tub!

DS received Crayola bath tints as a birthday gift and he loves these. They turn the bath water various colors.

egoldber
07-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Oh we have those too. DD does like those really well.