PDA

View Full Version : What Did Stanley Do to DS?

August Mom
07-22-2004, 10:23 AM
DS used to watch Stanley sometimes. Stanley actually is my favorite of the Disney shows. Lately, though, DS can't stand Stanley. If it comes on or even if there's a commercial for it, DS starts shaking his head and saying no, no, no. If you don't switch the channel immediately, it becomes a tantrum.

It's so strange.

sntm
07-27-2004, 12:28 PM
I don't know what I would do! Stanley is my fave too and conveniently on during the last-minute getting-out-of-the-house-for-work stage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

egoldber
07-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Stanly fans here too. :) We have never had this happen with Stanley, but it did happen with the show Oobi on Noggin. For awhile, the promos sent DD into absolute hysterics. Oh, and for a long time when Blue "talked" (the nonsense talk, not the "real" talking) on Blues Clue it scared her.

You gotta wonder what goes on in there!

sntm
07-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, Jack is recently very upset by Baby Mozart. But adores Baby Galileo. Go figure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

christic
07-29-2004, 02:19 PM
We've never seen Stanley, but Alice is now scared out of her wits afraid of Wags the Dog. Our Wiggles DVDs are gathering dust, and we can't figure out why it happened except possibly an encounter with the Easter Bunny at the mall a little while before it started. It's definitely not a "dog" thing, she still loves them in real life just can't handle the dog suit I guess ?

I know I've heard similar stories from other people about all kinds of shows though so it must be fairly common.