PDA

View Full Version : vacuums

emilyf
07-24-2004, 06:17 PM
My ds is absolutely vacuum obsessed. He loves mine, and talks about it constantly even when it's put away. This week we went to a play hour at the library and they had one, it was all he wanted to play with and was distraught every time he had to share it with anyone else. Does anyone have a toy vacuum they recommend?
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

muskiesusan
07-24-2004, 11:03 PM
I got Nick this Little Tikes one for Christmas and it has been a huge hit. Plays with it almost everyday. Didn't help get over his fear of my vacuum, though!

http://tinyurl.com/6yntl

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01/01
& Alex 04/27/04

lisams
07-25-2004, 12:49 AM
DD has the Hoover Windtunnel (it was like $15 at TRU). I got this one just because it looks the most like my real one. DD really likes it. It makes a not-so-loud hum, the light turns on, and it has attachments that DD likes to play with. She likes to vacuum with me.

HTH!
Lisa

August Mom
07-25-2004, 01:03 AM
DS really likes the canister vac from PBK. They are on sale for $15. It's red and has shiny confetti that blows around inside the canister. It makes a humming sound. I don't find it that annoying (I think it sounds very much like a vacuum), but it bothers DH with prolonged use. There is a pointed tool as well as the regular tool on the end. It has wheels and can be pulled along.

Also, just a few days ago, DS received the Redbox upright vacuum as a gift. It has a detachable Dustbuster with a pointed tool attachment. It actually picks up some dirt/dust. DS seems to like it. He constantly takes out the Dustbuster and inserts the attachment. It has little styrofoam pellets in the Dustbuster that blow around and makes a humming sound. I have 2 complaints, though. The tube that attaches to the back pops out (or can be pulled out by DS) and its really difficult for DS to firmly attach the pointed tool on the back of the vaccuum. I have no other experience with this brand, but know that it is usually available at independent toy stores.