PDA

View Full Version : Train table, tracks, trains, etc at Costco for under $200

Phoebe
09-08-2004, 02:49 AM
Has anyone seen this IRL? How does it compare to Thomas and Brio? Is it a good price? Thanks train experts!

Phoebe,
Susan 4/01
David 6/03

champion2b
09-08-2004, 10:44 AM
I saw the train table at Costco and I was thinking of buying it for Bryce for Christmas. He will be 2 1/2 by then. If he isn't old enough for the train set at that time I think I will set it up so he can use it for his cars. I definitely like the bins underneath the table to hold all of the "stuff".

Katie_Lanouette
09-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Hi,

We got this table for my DS he is 11 months. The table is wonderful. High quality and you can not beat the price. The trains are OK not great. We bought DS some of the Thomas trains. At 11 months he can stand at the table and push the trains back and forth. He can even sometimes get them back on the track but mostly Mommy and Daddy have to do that. The table itself is worth the price. Also there had been alot of discussion regarding this on the baby board. Just do a search on trains and you will get tons of info.

HTH

Katie Mom to Sam 9/03

mamaharsh
09-10-2004, 12:12 PM
We bought this set last year about this time. The table and the drawers are absolutely worth the $120 plus you get some trains, tracks and various accessories. Last years train set was different than the one I saw at costco last week, but it is compatable with Thomas/Brio stuff. The tracks are identical to Brio, but the trains are a bit more boring. But, for the price, you can't beat it. Nate has a ton of train "stuff" and it all fits in one drawer. The other drawer we have filled with miscellaneous other toys that I can't find homes for.

I highly recommend it.

Sara, mama to Nathaniel (10/01)

josephsmom
10-29-2004, 06:33 PM
ToysRUs also has something similar. It's a train table with storage, play board, and trains for 129.99. The table has a leaf, so you can adjust the size to fit your space. The trains seem a little generic, but I thought the price was unbeatable. My Entertainment Book had a 20% coupon for ToysRUs, so I bought it for about $110 and put it away for Joseph's birthday. Can't believe he's going to be 3 so soon. Joseph (like all the other kids in the store!) was very attracted to the display. I'll let everyone know how it is IRL.

cml1229
11-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Does the new Costco set have wheels on the drawers? And are the ledges on the side of the table high or low? I feel like the high ledges I've seen on some tables would make it harder to play on the table. Thanks for everyone's help!

jubilee
11-17-2004, 04:37 AM
THis discussion in Baby bargains talks about the rollers a bit http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=25436&mode=full&page= And apparently this is what it looks like according to one owner http://www.playfulrooms.com/natrta2trset.html Hope that helps!!