PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Mothers of boys-- What kind of cars to buy for DD?

jadamom
10-09-2004, 04:00 PM
DD is almost 3, and I was thinking I need to get her some more cars and tracks to play with since she doesn't seem to have any. What should I get? Hot Wheels? Matchbox cars? She already has Little People and Lego-type vehicles, but I think she's ready for something else. Thanks!

brubeck
10-09-2004, 10:35 PM
My DD is a year older than yours and she is totally fascinated with the Brio/Thomas type trains with the wooden tracks. I am getting her (and her brother) a train table and some tracks and trains for Christmas.

Last year someone gave her someTonka Trucks and she loves them. That could work too.

lisams
10-10-2004, 02:28 AM
My DD is almost 2 and she loves her matchbox cars (we got her a set that has a fire truck, police car, ambulance and a few others), her Tonka dump truck (the big kind) and her Thomas trains. She also likes her little people vehicles, lol!! Basically she likes the variety :-)

HTH!
Lisa

NancyP
10-30-2004, 08:54 AM
We have some big wooden construction vehicles that they absolutly love to play with. They are the CITO line from guidecraft.
Tonka trucks are always very popular also. Ours have traveled form the house to the sand box so many times!! Of course with a bath in between. Plan Toys also has wooden cars and wooden car track that my boys have played with a lot.

And of course match box cars they play with often. They take plain wooden blocks and make roads and track out of them for their cars.
I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask any other questions. I love talking about my boys!!

Nancy

egoldber
10-30-2004, 01:18 PM
My DD also enjoys playing with Thomas trains and also matchbox cars.

shandrin
10-31-2004, 07:48 PM
Well i don't know if all sears carry these but over the weekend we got ds a matchbox car w/blues clues on it LOL..ok it was periwinkle{sp?} but still blues clues designs.

After that if your after "bigger" trucks/cars little tikes has some rugged riggz ones w/rubber wheels etc

After that yes, thomas and brio offer roadway options...also you can get those huggy buggy types.

But i'd say the biggest amount for sure is the hotwheels/matchbox cars :D