PDA

View Full Version : Best Toys For a One Year old

tori
10-16-2004, 11:17 AM
My son is 13 months old and has a decent amount of toys. My inlaws really want to buy him some toys. I am wondering what toys people have that their one year olds really enjoy. I was thinking that maybe they could buy him that Fisher price door. Does anyone have that ? Thanks for your feedback.

brubeck
10-16-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by FP Door, but FP Little People are always a big hit. Even if he's not into them right away he will be soon and they will last for a couple of years. Warning: Little People can be a serious Mommy addiction. :)

Board books work well as gifts, as do many of the Little Tikes toys.

August Mom
10-16-2004, 11:56 AM
If you have enough regular toys, how about puzzles? Wooden puzzles are good at this age. Also, at around 15 months, my DS really got into the M&D Magnetic Hide and Seek Doors. There are hinged doors that the child can open to reveal a coordinating magnet. DS loved taking the magnets in and out and opening all the doors. Board books are always good too.

I'm not sure about the FP door that you mention. FP Little People are fun. Most of the electronic FP toys I don't like. I find the FP electronic sounds to be highly annoying.

Classic toys like balls, shape sorters and cars/trucks are always good.

tori
10-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks for your recommendations. We have begun the Little People addiction, they are all soo cute!!!My son especially likes to chew on the Little People!

Victoria

lisajay
11-18-2005, 12:52 AM
This post is extremely late, but I just saw your question. My 19 month old got her FP Door at Christmas last year. She loved it right from the start and is still playing with it on a daily basis. It is one of the purchases that I'm very glad that I made.

LJ

Coolamber
11-18-2005, 11:56 AM
My daughter got the Fisher Price door for her 1st birthday and is still playing with it 6 months later. It is One of her favorites.
Happy toy hunting
Mollie