PDA

View Full Version : Blue's Clues: Don't like the new format

Jeanmick
10-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Just watched the new show. Has "Joe" been forced out? While I like the push for literacy (they introduced "If you give a mouse a cookie" on the show today), I miss the old format which reinforced critical thinking skills. I also don't like the new "Blue's Room" where Blue can talk. It's cute, but takes away from what the show was really all about. I've heard that they're no longer in production and that the show is on its way out. Say it isn't so! My DS is just starting to discover this show (my DD still enjoys it too)!

JElaineB
10-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Are the new shows on Nick Jr.? I haven't seen too many of them. If we watch Blue's Clues it is usually on Noggin, and they still show a lot of the old episodes.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Jeanmick
10-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah, they're showing the new shows on Nick Jr. I was also at Target yesterday and the marketing blitz is on. No more sign of the old "Blue's Clue's", Joe or Steve anywhere. The show and its accompanying toys are now called "Blue's Room."

Nick Jr. still runs the old episode w/ Steve and Joe, so people can still catch them. But I don't think that the show is in production anymore and may be phased out in time.

JElaineB
10-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Looks like you are right, apparently the show is no longer in production. I checked out the Blue's Clues message boards at www.nickjr.com and here is one thread about ths show no longer being made:

[link:www.nickjr.com/home/messageboard/viewthread.jhtml?bID=16&tID=270954&mID=319104&offset=0&_DARGS=/static/messageboard/viewboard.jhtml.12_A&_DAV=2|Post regarding demise of Blue's Clues at Nickjr.com]

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Melanie
10-29-2004, 03:47 AM
I think it sucks, to put it mildly. We're not big TV people, but Steve and the old-Joe format were excellent. Luckily we have TiVo to weed through the new garbage.

shandrin
10-31-2004, 07:57 PM
hmm we've only had the ones w/joe and then it goes in to when blue talks...kids seem to like it, but i didn't know joe was going to :o