PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy decent dress-up clothes for toddlers?

janeybwild
10-26-2004, 03:39 PM
My SIL has asked for dress up princess clothes for my niece (aged 2 1/2) for Christmas. I checked out the local stores (Walmart, etc.), and have to say I was disappointed in the selection, quality and price. Any recommendations for on-line stores? TIA.

mamahill
10-29-2004, 04:47 PM
I don't know how picky your SIL is, but I'd be more inclined to hit some thrift stores. Look for things that aren't necessarily for toddlers. A woman's slip makes a great evening gown ;) - a pair of high heels in a small size will be too big, but seem fancy. Also, we have some tule with glitter in it that Ainsleigh loves to either wear on her head, or tucked into the back of her pants (think train). Get a big floppy hat and buy some costume jewelry at a thrift store (cheap). It will seem extravagant to the little girl. Kids have amazing imaginations, and don't need an actual princess dress. You just have to use YOUR imagination when picking stuff out!

Brookesmom
11-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Costco just came out with a new truck full of dress up clothes. I bought it for my 2.5 DD. It looks great!

Mom to Brooke and Kate (on the way in Feb 05)

lisams
11-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Yes, that Costco set looks nice!

Lisa

sugarsnappea
11-08-2004, 07:39 AM
I just looked at my Costco for this and can't seem to find it. Can anyone tell me the price, and what it contains?

Another good source for dress-up stores is buying Halloween costumes now. I have scored quite a few deals at Target and the Disney store on greatly reduced Halloween costumes. :)