PDA

View Full Version : Best Indoor Ride-On For 16-20 Months

garlicsalt
11-01-2004, 11:52 AM
My 14 month old son probably needs a ride-on to practice pushing indoors during the winter. So I'm going to add one to his Christmas list. He's of average length.
Was looking at the Radio Flyer Tiny Trike and the Chicco Millenium Acivity Car online. Both have good reviews. Still not sure...do you have any recommendations?

August Mom
11-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Sorry no one has responded. I can't comment about either of the ride-ons that you listed. However, we have the Chicco Play and Ride Train and have been very pleased with it. It looks like it has the same base as the Chicco Millenium Car from the on-line picture. Anyway, I do recommend the Chicco Play and Ride Train. It has been very duraable and DS has fun driving it around. It also allows you to steer the front wheels (which not all of them do), which is a good feature.

My only thought about the RF Tiny Trike is that I thought this had an especially short base. I don't know that for sure, but I was thinking that was true from something I read.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-4386480-0115844?asin=B000034DOI

(BTW, I saw it at Sam's Club on-line for $31).

garlicsalt
11-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Hmmm, steering the front wheels is one feature I never thought to consider. I'll take a look at that train...a little pricey...oh well! :)

August Mom
11-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Well, the Millenium Car may have the same steering feature at a lower price. You'll just have to check it out. Good luck.

mattiew
11-14-2004, 08:56 PM
My DD received the Chicco Millenium Activity car at 1 year and at almost 2 still loves it. At this age they love bikes they can sit on and push (walk) with their feet. She has a great time with the toys and loves pushing all the sound buttons. I don't know anything about the Radio Flyer...

HTH!
Carrie

Oh yes, the Chicco car came from Sam's Club.