PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift ideas for 2 year old DD

juliajaj
11-02-2004, 11:19 AM
DD will be 28 months at Christmastime. I'm trying to figure out what to buy her this year. I'd love to get her a Dressy Bessy doll, a toy piano, some books, clothes & some other things. I was curious to see what you were planning on giving to your toddler. Thanks,

Julie

Hallie_D
11-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Hi Julie,

I was just looking through a Back to Basics Toys catalogue and wondering the same thing about what to get DS this year. I'm thinking about puzzles, manipulatives like lincoln logs and duplo blocks, art supplies, a Dapper Dan doll, maybe a workbench toy, and some books. My mother always goes nuts with buying clothes so we'll probably skip those!

DCmommy
11-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Our DS will be 23 months at Xmas and this is his list:

1. Grandpa will be getting Duplos and the small Lego Duplo Table with built-in storage for the blocks -- I've noticed that he enjoys Duplos much more with a table surface to put them on than when we just make free-form towers.

2. Grandma is getting him a train table and some Thomas trains.

3. In-laws are getting a Mr. Potatohead with a bunch of parts -- I was surprised by how much he enjoyed playing with a friend's.

4. Melissa & Doug magnetic wooden "book" puzzles, and maybe their stacking wooden block train.

5. Graco baby doll and umbrella stroller -- these come in blue-plaid prints so they're not too girly. He likes them, and I want to get him used to the concept of "baby" since we may be working on another shortly. ;)

6. Some stickers and other art supplies for his stocking.

7. For his January b-day, I'm thinking of a small kitchen and accessories, and maybe some basic dress-up clothes like a fireman's hat, etc.

My parents, the in-laws, and DH and I all went absolutely crazy last year at Xmas since DS is the first grandchild on both sides, and this year I'm really trying to control myself (and our parents!) so that we don't end up drowning in toys. I figure it's better to get him a few larger but more expensive toys that he'll enjoy daily and that will last for several years, than to get a bunch of toys that he'll be bored with by February, which is what happened to us last year.

HTH -- Good luck and happy shopping!

Megan
Mommy to Patrick, 1/16/03

August Mom
11-03-2004, 11:18 PM
That looks like an excellent list! We're looking at most of those things too. We'll also get more puzzles for DS (like Lauri crepe rubber puzzles, inlaid wooden puzzles or possibly some jigsaw puzzles). And, we'll be adding to DS's library with non-board books.

mattiew
11-04-2004, 10:14 AM
DD's birthday is late Nov, so here is a combined birthday/Christmas list (some of this will be from relatives).

Mega Bloks Wagon - I have already given this to her and she LOVES it (she found it in the closet)
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005QX3O.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

KidKraft Kitchen

Corelle baby doll

wood doll bed and high chair

Kettle trike

Little People Sweet Sounds house

coloring book, CD, stickers

Sesame Street Tub Puzzle
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005BW49.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg