PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the LeapPad Globe?

lukkykatt
11-07-2004, 10:16 AM
I was thinking about getting it for DS for Christmas and wondering how it was. It got mixed reviews on Amazon. Does anyone here have it? If so, do you like it?

TIA!

mamahill
11-07-2004, 11:04 AM
My parents have had it for several years now - it's FABULOUS! Actually, the older kids and adults play with it way more than kids do. How old is your DS? I think kids would really need to be older than, probably 6-7 to really get something out of it (although if you were sitting there right with him and doing it together, it might be fun for a 5-6 year old as well). If it's out when we get there, DH makes a beeline for it. It really is fascinating how it works and how much information it holds.

lukkykatt
11-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Hey Girlie - how are you?!

Well, it would be a present for both boys - ages not quite 5 by Christmas, and 2. My older DS is a little brainiac (he did NOT get that from me, LOL!) and has a regular globe that he has used so much that the screw that holds the stand together is now stripped. So, I thought while replacing that, I might get the LeapPad. Thanks for the review - it is too funny that your DH makes a beeline for it! At first glance, I thought you were saying "DD"!

redhookmom
11-07-2004, 06:01 PM
My ds received it last year for Christmas. He has not played with it much. I think he will maybe withing the next few months. He is 5 1/2. If I sit with him it will hold his intrest for a little while.

I think it is a great product. If your son is already fond of his globe I am sure he would love it.