PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on music cds-sing alongs

mvldml
11-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi,
I am looking for any recommendations for music CDS. I am looking for CDs that have traditional kids music with kind of a folky, sing along feel that seem to be liked by babies and toddlers. (wheels on the bus, working on the railraod, hokey pokey, etc). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

DL

Momof3Labs
11-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Raffi is a good one. So is Songs for Wiggleworms.

cheryl65
11-16-2004, 03:16 PM
My 2 1/2 yr old daughter and her friends love Laurie Berkner. We like the What Do You Think of That CD. It has some of her own compositions, "We Are The Dinosaurs", etc. but it also has "She Will Be Coming Round The Mountain"

http://www.laurieberkner.com/

mvldml
11-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. We actually have the Raffi CD and love it. He is great!!

mvldml
11-18-2004, 09:36 AM
I haven't heard of her before, but will definitely check it out. Thanks!!

mary b
11-18-2004, 03:32 PM
We LOVE Laurie and Dan Zanes!!! For anyone that doesn't know, both Laurie and Dan are on Noggin in between shows.

I have both of them on Noe's Christmas list as I am ready to replace some Wiggles with them!!

They are great.

MARY

darby24
11-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Well, there are actually 14 Raffi cd's out there ;) You can never have too much Raffi :P

Sharon, Lois and Bram sounds like they would fit your bill. I would suggest either Elephant Show or Great Big Hits 2 (which is only $8 for a 2 disc set -54 songs!- on Amazon.) I loved them when I was a kid, they're very upbeat, have kids singing with them and have the traditional songs you're after.

I also have two cds I bought at a department store for like $5 each. Just a basic cd with very traditional songs/rhymes. Turns out the singers are Australian so there's a bit of a different take on some of the songs.

corky
12-07-2004, 10:11 PM
I love a CD called "A Smooth Road to London Town" by Kathy Reid-Naiman. If you google her name you get on her website. She has great traditional songs and rhymes that's done with simple but beautiful instrumentation. I love this Cd and play it all the time. The Ontario government gave out free copies to all new moms last year in an effort to promote literacy in the early years.

corky

sarsah
12-16-2004, 06:06 PM
My kids love the Fisher Price Little People CDs (Target & Toys R Us have them). They have a lot of the traditional childrens songs, although I hadn't heard some of the versions -- "Old McDonald Had A Zoo".

Sarah....mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

corrie23
12-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Might be a slightly different flavor, but Ella Jenkins has a million CDs out there with a real folk feel. Do a search on Amazon for song lists that might fit your bill.

-Corrie

ajmom
04-19-2005, 01:19 PM
We have Laurie Berkner's Buzz Buzz CD and I love it!! Oh, and the kids like it, too! :)