PDA

View Full Version : recommendations for favorite trucks? and opinions on Bruder?

lmost2
11-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Hi -- my 15 month old son recently has become absolutely obsessed with trucks, so I would like to get him some trucks and truck-related items for Christmas this year. Does anyone have recommendations about brands/truck types that their kids love? Any help would be appreciated!

Also, I saw some Bruder fire trucks and cement mixers at Marshalls for $20, which seems to be a good price from what I see on some toy websites for this brand of trucks. I already posted a question on Bruder trucks on the Baby Bargains message boards, and I received a few responses, but not many from people whose kids have these trucks -- probably b/c they are intended for kids 3 and up. Does anyone here have Bruder trucks, and if so, do you and your kids like them? Thanks a lot -- I have a feeling that I will know quite a bit more about trucks in a couple of months, particularly since my son wants me to read him the Priddy Baby big book of trucks 3 or 4 times a day!

Laura

Konrad 8/8/04

lukkykatt
11-26-2004, 01:55 PM
I would skip the Bruder. I did get a recycling truck at Marshall's and some of the detailed parts have come apart. I will stick to Little Tykes, Fisher Price or Tonka from now on.

PS: If you don't have it already, a favorite book at our house is "Trucks" by Byron Barton.

Momof3Labs
12-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Interesting - now I'm glad that I passed on the Bruders. They just felt kind of flimsy considering that they are so expensive full-price.

MelissaTC
12-02-2004, 05:57 PM
We are fond of the Little Tikes trucks over here. They have some that do not scratch floors, etc.. and *imo* very toddler friendly. DS loves them! I bought him the fire engine. They are the Rugged Riggz line. BJs has a few for $9.99. I have also seen them at Target but they cost a little more.

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/Toys-List.aspx?Page=1&ProductCategory_ID=38&Description=TRUCKS