PDA

View Full Version : looking for montessori materials

tribecamom
11-28-2004, 04:12 PM
any suggestions of good on line places to purchase montessori sensorial materials?

raynjen
11-29-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm not a montessori person, so I'm not sure exactly what their sensorial materials are, but we have had good luck with www.lakeshorelearning.com for all of our "school" needs.

They have competitive prices (to other websites, I couldn't tell you if they compete with local stores) and friendly customer service. I am always impressed with a company that knows how to ship to APO (military) addresses. I buy all of our art supplies and manipulatives through them. They seem to carry everything for schools from furnitures to instructional guides and everything else I could imagine so I bet you would find your materials there.

HTH

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!

babylu
12-07-2004, 12:11 AM
I would try www.michaelolaf.net

Good luck.

pricetl
02-16-2005, 03:18 AM
www.appleseededucational.com
www.montessoriservices.com

Also, look in Oriental Trading www.orientaltrading.com and www.ssww.com
Click on education materials, maniuplatives and then sensory.

The first two have high quality materials for classrooms. The next two are more for at home. I have also bought sandpaper letters and plastic insets on ebay.

madelinesmom
03-07-2005, 12:03 AM
I was a Pre-K teacher for 5 years and am also Montessori trained. If you are looking for Practical life items most of those are sets you can put together pretty cheaply at the dollar store. Our school purchased most of the big equipment items but we were on our own for smaller stuff. The AppleSeed web site give great pictures so you can put most of the sets together on your own. Young children are most interested and active in the Practical Living in the beginning of their Montessori years, the method is as important as the equipment. everything is done from left to right which helps with reading later on, have you studied Montessori or is your child already in a program?? If so you might be able to get discounts through a school when trying to order something...

Jane
Madeline's Mom
1/20/03