PDA

View Full Version : anyone have videonow jr?

mama2galpals
12-15-2004, 09:04 PM
if so, what do you think of it? thanks :)

rita
mommy to
olivia 2/7/97
stella 9/24/00
emma 1/23/03

shandrin
12-21-2004, 12:38 PM
I have one for my kids, it was mainly however bought for the youngest who is turning 4 in 2wks.

The buttons are big and colorcoded so it's easy for kids who do not read to use, plus it can be dropped ;)

While it is somewhat more limiting to only be able to use the Video now dvd's, the JR ones are made somewhat flexible and they do have cute shows, blues clues, dora etc..

Their is no way i would trust my son with a "real" DVD player he is just too rough.

I wouldn't however on the flip side buy the video now player, older kids should be ok with a normal dvd player..or if they have gameboys their are videos you can add to them, my girls have some...but for the younger set the video now JR is a good, built tougher dvd player option IMO.

HTH :)

westgre
01-15-2005, 06:51 AM
I LOVE this! My two year old received VideoNow Jr. for X-mas. It's easy for her to use, it's been dropped about ten times and still works, and keeps her busy in the car. There's a good selection of videos and it can also play the VideoNow videos in addition to the Jr ones. Most of our family lives about an hour and a half away, so we make frequent trips in the car; this has been a lifesaver!

Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)

MimiSirois
06-07-2005, 07:53 AM
My response is a little late b/c I just saw your post, sorry, but I have to say that we have not been happy with our VideoNow Jr., which was given to my dd by her grandmother for Christmas.

On the plus side: it's easy for Kathryn to operate.

On the negative side: you are limited to the movies they offer & the whole thing gets very expensive. Especially when you add in batteries, which seem to drain quickly.

Also, we've found the machine to be very tempermental. It skips easily and, at one point, wasn't even showing anything on the screen so we had to send it back. When we called prior to returning it to the company, the rep said a lot of people had problems (CLUE!) and found that switching to certain types of batteries helped. Well, we switched them & it didn't help, so we returned it. When we received the new one, it also was quick to get fuzzy and not play. We found that the slightest piece of dirt or fingerprint on the disc caused this. So we were not able to allow our daughter to put the discs in, only operate the buttons.

Maybe my dd is spoiled, but she much prefers the DVD player built into the car headseat. The VNJr. hasn't been much of a help to us for waiting rooms, my older daughter's ball games, etc. She'd prefer to read, talk, or color over VNJr. (& she loves TV!). The VNJr just sits & sits, even though very accessible.

I wouldn't recommend it based on my experience.

HTH & it you didn't buy it, I hope you had a better experience than we did!
Michele
Michele