PDA

View Full Version : Leapfrog Learning Pad vs Fisher Price Powertouch

grenicali
12-18-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm trying to decide which of these to buy. Some of the cons I have read about the LLP are having to push "Go" on each page, flimsy pages, pen getting lost or being too short. Pros for LLP are that it seems to have more books. Cons for the FPP are not having as many books and pros are automatic page recognition, no pen (good or bad? I'm sure some kids like the pen) Am I missing anything? This is for a 3 year old, by the way! I bought the LLP yesterday on sale, but I want to make sure it's the right choice. Also, any particular books that are better than others? Thanks!

shandrin
12-21-2004, 12:54 PM
We have both and even the leapfrog my first leap pad...

The cons you have stated about the leapfrog i agree with, now for the older kids it really isn't so much of an issue, because if their in grade school they are much more used to how to handle books and pens ;) my eldest dd prefers the leapfrog style but then she is 9 in march, my 6yo tends to go either way...

but the younger one, it is a problem, he prefers the FP power touch despite the fact their is less books, it is much easier for my turning 4yo to use, he does get mad with the pen of the Leapfrog and has ripped up pages before, plus chewing the pen is still an issue sometimes x( I also find the books stay better in the FP, and it closes easier, trying to get the pen to lay in just right with the leapfrog can drive me a tad batty some days LOL :D

So IMHO & IME for preschoolers i'd recommend the fisher price and for older kids the leapfrog.

HTH :)