PDA

View Full Version : table & chairs for 16 month old

stefani
12-23-2004, 10:43 PM
I am looking for a table and chair set for 16 month old DS.

From postings here, I looked into IKEA, and DH actually ordered BOFINK chair (the seat is 9 in. high from the floor) and SVALA table & chair set (unfinished) online, since there is no IKEA in Dallas - Ft. Worth area (there is one coming up in Frisco in the Spring). After a week of no confirmation phone call from IKEA, DH called, and was told that the BOFINK is now only available in the stores, not online, so that order was cancelled, and the SVALA's shipping will be $45, while the merchandise itself costs $35! DH cancelled all the order.

So the search is on again.

I like the Sur La Table's set (with solid wood seats, not the woven seats), but it is not available in the store here either. It is on sale for $100, but not available until end of March.

Pottery Barn Kids' Carolina table set is a bit more than I would like to spend ($220 for table + 2 chairs).

Crate & Barrel, Childesign.com, and LL Bean don't seem to have toddler table & chairs anymore.

I am getting a list of pjkids' retailers, so I can take a look at them. I like the bug off hand painted one. I don't have any ideas how much those costs.

So for now, my first choice is Sur La Table, and possibly pjkids. If possible, I would like to get a 9 in chairs, so it is easier forDS to sit on. I think the other are 11 - 13 in. high.

Anybody has any other recommendations?

Thanks.

sadie427
01-01-2005, 08:54 PM
We recently got the SVALA set and really like it. We finished it with a natural stain and bright green accents and it looks really nice. It's quite sturdy and a good height--the chairs are still too big but I think that would be the case with any set w/ my 10th percentile 16 month old. At least compared to the other prices you list, I would say the $80 would be worth it, even though it is annoying to pay more in shipping than an item costs.

stefani
01-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Hi Susan,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the SVALA. I am glad to hear that it came out nice. I might wait until the IKEA store in Frisco open in the Spring to get it.

DS is 25th percentile 16 month old, so I can empathize with you! That's why we were going to get a BOFINK chair (since it is quite inexpensive) to go with the table until he is big enough for the SVALA chairs.

Thanks.