PDA

View Full Version : Toy Barns

Jay Jay W
04-25-2005, 10:08 AM
We are looking to buy our son a toy barn. We want a classic barn - not like most of what we have found, which are cheap plastic, make a lot of noise and have flashing lights. We just want a classic barn with doors and shelves for setting animals on. Any suggestions?

AngelaS
04-29-2005, 06:13 AM
My FIL built my dd the barn you're describing. It was a lot of work, but she LOVES it and it's gorgeous! The barn doors and hayloft doors slide open, there are separate stalls inside, there's a ladder to go up to the hayloft....it's amazing. Know anyone handy? :D

August Mom
05-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Have you seen the PBK barn? DS played and played with it in the store the last time we were there. It is white with yellow and light green trim. It comes with 2 horses, 2 posable people in riding outfits, 2 fences for the horses to jump, a well with a bucket that can be raised and lowered and a ladder to the hay loft. There is not room for the people to stand in the hay loft, but they can sit. There are sliding barn doors and then another regular door that opens into a stall. There is an interior door as well from the main part of the barn to the stall. It was very cute. I must say I'm contemplating it myself. I don't see it on the PBK site, so supplies may be limited. It is on sale for around $75.

Also, I saw a wooden barn in Tuesday Morning this week - natural wood, but I don't remember the manufacturer and it wasn't out of the box to play with.

ETA: Target has a wooden barn too. I don't know about its quality.

josephsmom
05-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Melissa & Doug makes a nice wooden barn that's available at ToysRUs and on www.gummylump.com. I think it's about $50.

Helene
Mommy to Joseph, 12/29/01

MelissaTC
05-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Melissa and Doug barn-
http://www.gummylump.com/files/product/a_1293.farm-log-play-set.gif

Found it at GummyLump..