PDA

View Full Version : wooden blocks

yoful
05-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Hello! My twin sons will be turning one soon and we are considering purchasing a set of unit blocks for them. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what blocks to buy and where to get them(online and otherwise)? Thanks for your help!

josephsmom
05-04-2005, 07:38 AM
We have a nice wooden set from Melissa & Doug. They're available at www.gummylump.com (a great site for wooden and other "classic" toys), and at Toys R Us. They're about $50. Since your guys are only one, though, wooden unit blocks might be a little heavy and perhaps a "projectile hazard." You might like plastic foam unit blocks that come in colorful sets in the same shapes and sizes as the wooden ones. We got ours at TJ Maxx about 2 years ago, but I'm sure they're widely available.

Helene
Mommy to Joseph, 12/29/01

jakobsmommie
05-22-2005, 10:51 AM
www.playchild.com

They sell and make wooden blocks and a lot of other toys as well.

They are local here in Grand Rapids, MI. The owner's are GREAT. So nice and really easy to deal with.

They make ALL KINDS of blocks in a lot of foreign languages or even braille too.

I LOVE THAT STORE

Saartje
06-06-2005, 01:09 PM
www.barclayblocks.com

These are high-quality, solid maple blocks at good prices. Check out their seconds — even cheaper, and the only difference is that the colouring of the wood may not be uniform. Hasn't bothered me or Ishie yet!

apfb
04-19-2006, 11:03 PM
I second recommending Barclay Blocks. Sandy, the owner, is also very responsive and helpful. He'll even make custom blocks for you. The blocks are beautiful-- 1st and 2nd quality Maple ones.

Comparison: we also have Haba blocks, which really are not as nicely made as Barclay Blocks. Barclay Blocks (1st and 2nd quality) are made of solid Maple.

1st time mom to Maya the Mighty b. 3/2003