PDA

View Full Version : Upholstered Rocking Chair for 13 mo old?

lisajay
05-19-2005, 01:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone had bought an upholstered rocking chair for their dc. I'm looking for one that is solid and won't tip over. I found a really nice one at a $$ boutique for $100. It was by Lambs & Ivy. However I found a $39 one from Lambs & Ivy at TJ Maxx but it wasn't the same quality. it was very flimsy and the rockers on the bottom were made of plastic.
I also found an online company called Toddle Rock and their's look very nice. Has anyone had any dealings with them.
The one from Osh Kosh is supposed to be very nice and sturdy. However I was looking at online reviews at Amazon.com and found that while people really liked it, the chair was smelly and had a chemical smell. Well come to find out, there had been a mistake where they sprayed it with pesticides (which they always do, I'm not sure how I feel about that) and then packaged them for shipping without letting the chemicals dry. This caused it to absorb into the batting on the chair, which made it smell permanently. The thing that upset me so much about this is that the company knew and did not recall the chairs. One woman was writting how she was pregnant for her 2nd child and had to be checked with Level II u/s's because of the exposure. Hello!!!??? and still no recall??? The idea that my dd could be crawling all over that chair really upset me. So, any suggestions except that chair. Thanks LJ
Does anyone have the one from the HomeGoods store. I saw one listed on their website for $39. If so how is it holding up?
Thanks Again,
LJ