PDA

View Full Version : Sunscreen

Kara
03-20-2002, 05:07 PM
I found a sunscreen product last summer that I loved. It is called SPF 2 GO. It is small packets of sunscreen sold in a box of 20 packets with all levels of sun protection (5 packets of SPF8, five of SPF15, five of SPF30 and five of SPF45). I loved that I could stuff a couple packets in my husbands golf bag, a few in the glove box of the car, a few in the bag of pool toys, and a few in the kids backpacks when they were going to summer camp. The product was very moisturizing and seemed to stay on well even while exercizing or in the pool. I liked level 15 and 30 the best. Level 45 was too thick and hard to rub in. I found it while in California last year, but have not been able to find it again. It would be a great thing to sell at Sams Club.

JakesMom
06-24-2002, 02:39 AM
Any suggestions for sunscreen for ultra-sensitive skin? We've tried about every baby-friendly product out there. I can get away with using the Avon Skin-So-Soft on my son's body, but his face & neck break out in terrible hives from almost everything. Mustela has been the best-tolerated so far, though his neck still seems to suffer. I'm tempted to buy him Clarins, even though it's SOOO expensive and we go through so much each summer.

My suggestion for other skin-sensitive kids is to wash off sunscreen residue once back indoors, and to find hats your child will tolerate or even love. Jake doesn't love the floppy sunhats (naturally, the ones that offer the most protection) but he's a big fan of having the same style baseball cap his daddy wears. I also let him pick out his own sunglasses (decent UV protection, Blues Clues from Target) so he will even wear these sometimes.

I'd love to hear other parents' ideas!

luvbeinmama
06-26-2002, 05:11 PM
I don't know about the sunscreen, but does he mind the legionnaire style hats? (They are like a baseball hat with a neck drape hanging down.) If those are okay, then go to www.sunprecautions.com and get their kid's legionnaire hat, it has the best, biggest neck drape I've ever seen on a hat. If he keeps it on, all I have to sunscreen is his face from the cheeks down. Their sun protective clothing is very lightweight, too. I took my son to the beach in their clothes with long sleeves and long pants and his hat, and he didn't overheat or get sunburned. I just sunscreened his lower face & lower legs/feet.