PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a smaller plastic jungle gym/slide set?

Melanie
02-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Any recommendations/warnings?

It's for a two year old and I was thinking that this looks like a good one:

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/05/07/43/04/0005074304329_500X500.jpg

alleyoop
02-06-2004, 10:28 PM
We have this! And... we use it nearly every day! It takes some brute force to put it together, but is very sturdy and holds up well. I think the size is great for a 2 year old. We got it for DS's first birthday, and I have to still help him up the ladder, though I think that he will have it down by 18mo.
Three games he loves: put all his trucks in the top and then get up and slide all the trucks down the slide, crawl in the bottom and try to avoid "tickle fingers" (mine :)) through the holes, and stand on the top floor and pretend his hand is a truck and "drive" it around the top until he is dizzy. The only bad thing I would say about it is that our wheel doesn't spin very easily. I should put some WD-40 or something on there to help it spin. I will post some pics for you in a bit.

HTH!

Edited to say: Sorry, this isn't the best picture for size, but it is cute!! Also, another thing you might want to consider is the Little Tikes picnic table. We have this and he loves it, too. Going to be very helpful in the summer!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2450.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2451.jpg

MelissaTC
02-06-2004, 10:33 PM
I don't have this but I want something similar. I am not so sure about the climbing aspect though. I would worry that someone would fall. That is just me. I prefer something more with a ladder or steps...

August Mom
02-07-2004, 12:13 AM
We have the LT 8-in-1 Adjustable Playground. DS loves it! We got it for his 1st birthday. I was amazed that he got the hang of going down the slide almost immediately. He does have trouble going up the ladder-type steps like on the climber pictured above. On the climber we have, there is a bridge that connects the two pieces, so DS generally climbs on that rather than using the ladder. I looked at the above climber. I decided against it because I didn't think that it would be used for an extended period of time and I thought that it would be difficult for more than one child to use it at once. The model I saw did seem well constructed.

em_jon98
02-07-2004, 02:28 PM
We have this exact same playset, but in a different color. My parents purchased it secondhand for my adopted brother and passed it down to us last fall.

It is a great set--Lindsey LOVES it!!! My five year old niece was here over Christmas and also had a great time with. She is on the smaller side...probably a normal size five year old would be too large for it. But, we have it in our living room (we live in a condo and aren't allowed to have things like this outside) and Lindsey plays with it every single day. We have had it since she was about 15-16 months old. She is a climber, and figured out quickly how to climb up the slide rather than the ladder.

Again, great set...totally worth it.

trumansmom
02-07-2004, 02:29 PM
We have an older version (bought it from a daycare going out of business) and Truman loves it. It's packed away for the winter, but I'm looking forward to breaking it out again as soon as all the snow melts!

A big tip for putting the thing together - spray each of the slots and tabs with cooking spray (Pam). It made the pieces slide together much more easily. It probably took me and DH about 15 minutes to do.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!