PDA

View Full Version : Any difference in quality between...

Melanie
02-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Little Tikes, Fisher Price, Step 2 plastic backyard play equipment?

MelissaTC
02-26-2004, 07:09 AM
I was hoping to see someone respond to your question because I was curious myself. It is my understanding that they are all good. My neighbor had a FP sandbox and picnic table for like 8 years or so and they still looked good. No cracks in the plastic although there was a bit of fade. I have bought some LT pieces and despite being older, they are still good. So my bet is you can't really go wrong with LT and Step 2 although I think FP is ok too. But I have seen some old LT and Step 2 that have held up really well over time. Considering all they make is plastic stuff, they have perfected their products. Not that I have any factual info to back this up, just my conclusions...HTH you!

brubeck
02-26-2004, 05:31 PM
I've only ever seen the Little Tikes stuff IRL (including the playhouse we have in our backyard) but it always seems to be holding up really well. The one exception is fading. The red color in particular always seem to fade. But IMHO this is relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.

August Mom
02-26-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure. I've never seen any FP outdoor equipment. We have the LT 8-in-1 Adjustable Playground. We've only had it for 6 months, though. It still looks brand new, but I'm not sure that's saying much for such a short period of time. I've seen Step 2 at stores when searching for a climber for DS. It looked similar in quality to LT. I made my decision based on features and price.