PDA

View Full Version : toddler trampoline

JumpingJacob
03-02-2004, 09:10 AM
I would like to get my son a trampoline. He is 21/2. At the gym they have one that has a handle to hold on to and jump. I've also seen jumpolene, it has sides, it seems you blow it up. I don't know if that would fit in the house> Or if it is safe and fun. The one with the handle I would always have to supervise would the jumpolene need that close of a supervision. Are they worth having. Is jumping on the couch fine? Ebay has some of the jumpolene. Or is it better to get a new one?

Any advice on what you liked or not liked would be helpful. Thanks.
Suzanne

Jeanmick
03-02-2004, 04:03 PM
We bought the Jumpolene for our DD when she was 2 and she LOVED it! We put it in the living room and with supervision, it's pretty safe. Supervision consisted of sitting on the couch in the living room, reading a magazine and keeping an eye on my DD as she jumped. It doesn't require that you be right next to your child.

I'd be a little wary about used Jumpolenes, though. After much use, the top part of the jumpolene started leaking air. Should be an easy fix, but I would try to go for a new one vs. a used one.

My DD isn't as interested in it as she was before...like all kids, her interest has switched, but my DS will soon be of the age where he'll be lovin' it!

My SIL purchased a jumpolene about 8 months ago through KB toys dot com for 25 bucks. Don't know if they still have it, but you never know...

Hope that helps. :)

raynjen
03-02-2004, 07:34 PM
This might be more than you wanted to spend, but we got my daughter the Bounce 'Round from Walmart ($150). It's bigger (8' x 8' x 5') so she and a friend can bounce around without knocking heads.

This is a 'real' bouncy like you see at fairs only smaller. It has a fan that plugs into any outlet. It can be used indoors (check out the reviews on Toys'R'Us) though we have not used ours that way. We have a garage like area that we keep ours in.

This has been worth every penny (and I paid shipping to get mine here from the states). My daughter begs to bounce EVERY day. We've had it for 2 months and she asks for it more now than when we got it! I have taken it to a friend's house for a playdate and while I wouldn't want to carry it everwhere it is definitely portable in any sedan sized trunk. It inflates in 30 seconds, deflates in 5 minutes or less. We leave ours 'set up' in our garage area and just plug it in/turn it on whenever DD wants to jump.

What I LOVE about it is that I can sit by it on my lawnchair and read for 45 minutes. My only interuption is 'Mommy lookitdis!' which is usually satisfied by a wave of the hand. I'll admit though, I often end up watching her, just because it's such a gas to see her have so much fun.

They now have a bunch of cool new ones out that they didn't have when we ordered ours right after Christmas - Walmart has a castle and a 'sports center' theme; Toys'R'Us has a taller one, a Disney Princess castle, the plain castle, a Sponge Bob one, and a Spiderman one (totally cool, you have to see it :))

They recommend it for only one or two kids and I completely agree, you could fit more toddlers/preschoolers in it, but the rate of bumps and knocks would go up. The weight limit is 200 lbs, but don't think that means YOU can use it. I found that if I sat in the middle the kids could still bounce, but I couldn't bounce with or without kids. They say the upper age is 8 and I would guess that might be a little high, I would say you could USE it till then, but that after about 6 they would lose interest (or more likely, start asking for a trampoline).

I would buy this again in a heartbeat, and if we had a playroom or a basement I would have it set up in there all winter long. By the way, when it deflates you can roll it up and stick it in the bag that comes with it. True the process will remind you of being 7 and trying to stuff your sleeping bag back into that little bitty stuff sack, but it CAN be done!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)