PDA

View Full Version : So this is the climber we ended up getting!

Melanie
03-09-2004, 08:39 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007A1S2/102-9122329-9544156?v=glance&s=toys&vi=pictures&img=14

After all the research and scouring of newspapers that I did to get this one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00001R3V6/102-9122329-9544156?v=glance&s=toys&vi=pictures&img=14

when we were at TRU Dh saw the Step 2 and liked it better since he thought it looked like it could accomodate more children at once (I'm still not sure why he thought that, but whatever). Since it still had the two main elements I had wanted (slide & steering wheel), I agreed. He was so right! I don't know why I hadn't considered it...I just love the outdoor look of it...now I'm eyeing the other pieces to match! It actually ended up being on sale and costing less than the Little Tike one which was not on sale.

Ds is 2 and loves it. He can climb right up the step ladder and slide down. He has yet to discover the rock-climbing feature and we're going to let him figure it out on his own.

Thank you to everyone who helped answer my questions.

mamahill
03-10-2004, 06:35 PM
That looks like so much FUN! When can we come over for playgroup? LOL - what other pieces are there? I really like the look of this one - not quite so bright. Congrats on your purchase. Now I wish we had a yard for playthings...

Melanie
03-10-2004, 07:05 PM
You can come over anytime...quite a commute for you, though, I think. ;-)

The line is called "Naturally Playful" (which, frankly, makes me chuckle since it's plastic).

Picnic Table

This one is cool...it's for adults!
Table & Bench

Sand Box I think I may buy this for him if he gets to a point that he likes sand play.

Cottage that I really want...for me. ;-)

Teeter Totter that I would be all over if we had more than one child or kids over real often.

Karenn
03-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Oh no! Now I want ALL of it! The cottage is so cute!

lisams
03-10-2004, 08:36 PM
We have the sandbox. It is very nice, the lid keeps the water out and it is a good size for 2 kids to play in. DD is 16 months and is starting to really enjoy it, when we go outside she says "box, box" and points to it! I love the natural look also!

Lisa

mamahill
03-11-2004, 12:31 AM
FABULOUS! I had a sandbox growing up and we LOVED it. When we move into a house, a sandbox is the first thing going in the backyard. All those pieces look wonderful. LOVE the cottage!!

raynjen
03-12-2004, 11:58 AM
"I don't know why I hadn't considered it..."

Maybe because it is brand new? I've been looking mainly online, and it wasn't till I saw it in person at Toys'R'Us that I began to see it online as well.:)

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

pamela mom of 3
03-15-2004, 12:39 PM
That one looks nice, i've seen it irl @ TRU, we actually have several of the other pieces of the line. The playhouse, sandbox & picnic table, i too like it's less um, colorful look? blends in quite nicely into the trees lol ;)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

smomom
04-19-2004, 04:57 PM
We just got the Naturally Playful Climber too! We put it together this weekend. So far it is a big hit. Within 10 minutes Sage had figured out how to slide down the slide and then climb back up the slide. Who needs stairs? I really like this one because the ladder and the slide are offset - so the kids have time to regain their balance from the ladder before heading down the slide. It also has a platform like a mini-fort. Really cool for multiple kids!

We got ours on sale at TRU for $169 plus a free teeter totter. Combined with some leftover merchandise credits from BRU and TRU, it was too good of a deal to pass up.

I definitely agree with the recommendations for this climber!

Melanie
04-19-2004, 05:50 PM
I saw that free teeter totter promo - I'm so jealous! If I had our receipt, I'd have gone back and tried to get it anyway, but I have no clue were Dh put it.

It was a hit here at first, now Ds is kinda ignoring it. Toddlers! I'm sure he'll love it again in a few weeks.

avasmom
01-16-2005, 01:27 AM
We have the cottage and the sandbox and love it. Not as obnoxious as others out there. My daughter(JUST 2)loves the sandbox and can now even take the top off herself and loves to cook in the cottage for us. A little tight for 2 adults. The whole line is adorable and really well made.