PDA

View Full Version : CROSSPOST - Received the Naturally Playful Sand and Water Table...MY report

MelissaTC
03-19-2004, 06:13 PM
I received the Step 2 Naturally Playful Sand and Water Table today. I ordered it Monday and it arrived this morning. Not bad. I ordered it directly from Step 2. It was shipped FedEx and the warehouse is in Ohio.

It was quite easy to put this together. I put the legs in and then needed to put 2 screws in per leg. That was it. I installed the umbrella to check it out as well as fill the water (takes 2 gallons) and sand (it gives a 40 lb limit - I used a 50 lb bag I bought at Home Depot for around $3.50).

The sand area is not as deep as I thought it would be but it is quite adequate. The water area is nice but because of the little bridge, there isn't a ton of free water space. The toys that came with it are ok. The shovel is kind of small as well as the little pots. But Matthew immediately fell in love with the little plastic boats so I guess those receive a thumbs up. The true test will be when Matthew plays with it and gives his report. I have a feeling he is going to love it!

I really like the umbrella. You can adjust the height and it truly does provide shade. A definite plus since this thing is on my deck and the sun is at full force in the afternoon. I sat under it and was shaded. I also like the cover. It is secured on the side by an elastic bungee type cord. It wraps around a notch on either side of the table. I was barely able to get it off so there is no way those little fingers are strong enough to pull it off.

All in all, I would say that this is pretty nice. I believe it is a good value for the money and I like it better than the Little Tikes table. I find it to be attractive and does not stand out like a sore thumb on our deck. My friend purchased the Naturally Playful sandbox for her son and it blends well in her yard. I think this line is an affordable alternative to some of the fancier play equipment.

I will post Matthew's report later tonight.

ChicagoMama
04-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Hi Melissa,

I also have this table. We picked it up this past weekend for $49.99 at TRU. I like it because:
- the height is just right
- it holds enough sand and water for decent play, but not so much that I feel it's going to be a huge deal to clean it out at the end of the season
- umbrella seems flimsy, but definitely covers the table nicely - a nice touch
- TRU gave me a matching teeter totter for free with my purchase!

Of course, the height may just be "too right" for Shelby - here she is, sitting IN the water.

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4102.jpg

raynjen
04-07-2004, 10:47 PM
This is the sand/water table that I would like to get if the BX (military store) ever gets around to carrying it.

You say the height is 'just right' do you think that your DD will outgrow it soon? How tall is she? My DD is only 33 1/2" - very short for her age. I'm hoping that she won't outgrow it before it is offered.

Also, it looks like you have their sandbox as well (in the corner of the photo, that looks like the sandbox?) - do you like the table better than the box?

TIA!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

MelissaTC
04-09-2004, 03:03 PM
My DS is at least 34 inches. He has plenty to grow before he outgrows this. You can take the legs off and place it on the ground as well. When they get bigger, they could even sit at a chair and play. I think it is versatile...

Melanie
04-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Is this still a hit? Ds' friend has a different water/sand table and was making a huge mud puddle out of the hole thing so the mom just made it a water table on both sides.

ChicagoMama
04-26-2004, 01:40 AM
I don't think she's in any danger of outgrowing it. She's 33 inches right now - I can see it being fun for many more inches!

Yes, I do have the sandbox. We haven't set it up, yet - we're going to put it in the yard because of the potential for mess! But first we have to rig a safe way to keep the top attached to the box. That's the main drawback I see with the sandbox. The table has nifty bungees that keep the top securely attached to the table when not in use. It didn't budge when the tornadoes came through Chicago last week.

I bought both b/c I got a free teeter totter w/purchase...what a sucker!

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

MelissaTC
04-27-2004, 12:08 AM
Sorry...just saw your message. I don't come over here too much...

Yes, the table is still a big hit :) We haven't had any mud problems yet. He pretty much keeps things on their respective sides. He sure loves it though and comes in soaked every time he plays with it...When I drain the water he waves to it and says "bye bye water"...too cute!!