PDA

View Full Version : Rubber pants for pool?

teddy
05-26-2004, 12:52 PM
I signed DD up for a water babies class. They require swim diapers and then rubber pants for OVER the swim diaper. What are these? Where do I find them? Sporting goods store? Target? HELP! TIA!

nigele
05-27-2004, 02:17 PM
I think we got some last year at Target. They weren't "rubber", which our pool requires, too, but rather a plastic. The brand was Gerber. I am actually headed to Target today to look for them so I'll let you know if I find them there!

Edited to add: I checked Target. They do stock them - they are Gerber Vinyl pants but my store was out of stock.

teddy
05-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Ooh, thank you for checking! I'll try to make it over there today :)

Momof3Labs
05-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Babies R Us carries some too - you can also get them online through anyone who sells cloth diapers.

nigele
05-31-2004, 01:50 PM
I picked up a pack this morning at Toys 'R Us!

Karenn
05-31-2004, 02:43 PM
Our swim lessons have a similar policy. If you're wearing a disposable swim diaper, you need plastic pants over the diaper. But, our instructor is also happy with the re-usable swim diapers that they sell at Target. (I think the brand is "I Swim") They have plastic pants built in & are lined with terry cloth, and then a cute little fabric cover. The instructor's only requirement is that the diapers have real elastic around the whole leg.

teddy
06-01-2004, 02:05 PM
I went to BRU for something else and checked for the covers - didn't find them. I'll have to get to Target to check out the I Swim's. Those sound interesting. Thanks, everyone :)