PDA

View Full Version : Summer products to help my kids against the sun?

06-02-2004, 10:24 PM
I have 3 young kids under 5.5 and love going to the beach. Can anyone suggest some products that may be useful?
Thanks Carole

brubeck
06-03-2004, 10:36 AM
I know One Step Ahead has some portable cabanas/shade roofs that you can bring. You could also try those SPF swimsuits that cover like a scuba suit.

jen28
06-03-2004, 06:36 PM
i just got some cute uv swimsuits and hats for this summer. i think the name was www.sunbusterskids.com or something like that. it makes going to the beach much better--less sunscreen mess. hope that helps.

taz28, mom of saskia, jordy and liam

pricetl
06-04-2004, 05:07 AM
I'm going to spend the summer in Phoenix with my in-laws and my children (DS 3, DD 1 1/2). Then a week in Hawaii in September. I've been researching and here's what I'm planning to buy...I'm trying to find a good website with everything I want, but haven't found anything remotely close...

Sunglasses with stretchy band like BAbybanz
Sunscreen (Durascreen--recommended in Toddler bargains) stick and cream
RIT sunguard for DS clothes (not recommend for under 2 y.o. clothes)
Flaphat for both
Full body bathing suit for DD, maybe for DS (these are expensive)
A UV protective shirt/jacket (very lightweight) to wear over clothes (for kids)

This seems ridiculous, but the long-term cost of not protecting their skin is worth the extra now, I think.

Am I over=doing it? My daugter is very fair-skinned, so I am particularly concerned about her. We were out in the stroller for a 15 min. walk the other day and she got a little sunburnt on her legs.

mom of thomas fan
06-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Hi,

The following link is a review regarding swimwear (aka rash guard, surf suit or sunsuit) made with UV-blocking fabrics by the Wall Street Journal: http://online.wsj.com/article_email/0,,SB108689429876534013-IJje4NglaR3nZyrZnSHb6eIm5,00.html

Good luck.

champion2b
05-03-2005, 10:38 AM
I was in my local Costco last week and they have Ocean Pacific kiddie wetsuits for $17. These are great! I bought one for Bryce last summer and another for this year. They are made from UV protection fabric and cover from the neck to elbows and knees. They also have small floatation pieces that can be removed. The swim instructor at the YMCA recommended this type of suit because it doesn't impede the correct way to learn to swim.