PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Adventures

joestein
04-07-2005, 08:02 AM
We just saw another brand of swingset.... Backyard Adventures. It is comparable in price to Rainbow. I think it might be better quality in some regards, but not in others.

Has anybody ever heard of this brand? And does anybody have any expierence with one of their sets? And does anybody have an opinion of which brand is better?

Thanks for your help.

mary b
04-08-2005, 04:17 PM
I have seen these in person and they look very nice. We don't have one but I wanted to give you another alternative (if you want it!)ha!

byoswingset.com.

Basically, they give you the plans and the accessories and you buy your own lumber etc. They tell you exactly how much etc.. DH and friends put it up over a weekend (with beer and pizza of course) and had a great time! you definitely need to be handy and like 'home projects'.

I would highly recommend it and depending on certain options etc, it priced out to be about 1/3 of a Rainbow but the quality was comparable. (You have to do the staining etc yourself!)

Let me know if you would like any specifics but I wanted to put in a plug for them. Sorry, that i didn't answer your question but it looked like you were looking for alternatives!
Mary
mom to Noelle and Lindsey

vikivoly
04-09-2005, 12:42 AM
I have no experience with Backyard Adventures, but from a quick check of their website, they appear to be of good quality. We have a Rainbow set and are extremely pleased with it. I can't imagine any set being sturdier and of better quality construction wise. The BA sets seemed to be smaller than the Rainbow sets, but I didn't actually compare the dimensions. If the BA quality is good, then I would advise to go with the set that gives you the features you want. You won't be dispappointed with Rainbows quality.