PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Works Playset Sale

rclasco
08-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Cedar Works is having their annual 10% off sale through 9/30th. You also get 2 free kids chairs. We just ordered ours last week. Get the details at www.cedarworks.com.

Regina

hellokitty
09-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Just wondering how you like your set now that you have it. Was it worth the extra $ to get the cedarworks set? Which one did you get? Thanks.

rclasco
09-25-2005, 10:38 PM
It's been installed for about 2 weeks now. My son is enjoying it. He especially likes the "fast" slide. We really didn't seriously consider any other playset. The majority of the others have to be re-stained periodically, which we didn't want to deal with.

We have a Climber & Tower on the ends with a swing ladder in the middle. We also got a plank roof & cedar floor for the Climber. The accessories we chose are: regular swing, horse swing, triple trapeze, trapeze ball, climbing wall, floor door & ladder, slide, and rollicking roundabout.

The only con was the installation cost. It was 15% of the playset cost, which I believe is more than Rainbow systems. However, it was installed in about 10 hours whereas it would have probably taken us 2 weeks!

hellokitty
01-17-2006, 12:59 PM
That's great to hear. Sorry it took so long to respond... I forgot to subscribe to the thread! We are still looking and I found out that cedarworks offers a different playset under their name. I think the price is more reasonable, b/c there are just two choices. However, this is the one we are considering...

http://www.playaround-swingsets.com/swingsets/detail.php?s=TP

I think the price is relatively good for being able to get cedar and I do like that it is rounded edges too. I'm not crazy about the color, b/c I am can imagine the kids getting mud on the parts that get stepped on, but oh well. The only thing I wish it had was monkey bars too, but I guess I could always buy a seperate free standing monkey bar set if the kids really want one. They're still too little for it anyway. I really like the cedarworks, b/c like you mentioned, it seems like all the other sets still req some sort of annual stain/waterproofing maint... while I think would be a PITA.

vsmommy123
02-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Hi, I am looking at buying one of these playsets and decided to get opinons here, what a brainstorm! Thank you for posting the link to the lower priced Cedar Works, I would totally buy that one. I just heard of Cedar Works this morning, and called to get a quote. I wanted to spend about $2000 total,incl. assembly and they quoted me almost $4000 before assembly. Yikes. Did you order this set? If so all the questions come rolling through - did you assemble it, if so, how long did it take to put it together, do the kids love it, etc. etc. Thanks so much!

hellokitty
02-25-2006, 12:50 AM
The cedarworks was sooo expensive. We decided to get the childlife instead. It is still pricey, but I think it fits our needs better. We are in the process of getting a landscaper to level our backyard, and when the weather is good, we'll have the set delivered so my DH can put it together. I'm really excited to see it put up. I know my toddler will love it, it will be great for playdates and I really like the look of the childlife set compared to other playsets. For the $, you get a bigger bang for your buck with childlife compared to the cedarworks, I think both are at the top of the nicer playset systems.