PDA

View Full Version : Little Tykes Variety Climber with Swing Attachment

klc92201
02-01-2006, 11:46 AM
http://www.littletikes.com/productimages/full/f_4328_A.jpg

I bought this yesterday for my DD who will be one soon. I wanted to buy a cedar works one but they are so expensive and my daughter had a hard time and wasn't interested in the Rainbow ones we looked at. So I let her play on this one in the store yesterday and she seemed to like it. I know we will have to buy big swing set at some point but hopefully by then my DH makes more money

Does anyone have this set? What do you like or dislike about it? I haven't picked it up yet.

Heather

bettyetters
02-02-2006, 02:23 AM
We have it and like it a lot. We got it for dd when she was about 16 months old. She loved it and played with it all through that spring and summer and played on it some of the next one too. We bought a baby swing to place on it since it only comes with preschooler style swings with no back/front support, seat belt, etc.... We liked that she grew into it and was able to climb it more and more and learn to climb the rope ladder part, etc.... However, the summer when she was 2 1/2 we definitely spent most of our time at the park and much much less time on the backyard set. It was definitely not challenging enough for her by then. We put the standard swing back on and she enjoyed that but has now realized that the ones at the park are able to swing much higher and faster so we really don't use it at all now. So I guess we didn't get a huge amount of lasting use out of it, but I do think it was a good value. And imo, from one to two especially is still so little that it was totally worth it to me to have a completely age-appropriate set for her in our backyard.