PDA

View Full Version : Pool and Swingset For Backyard

lutherabc
05-11-2007, 04:18 PM
We spend a lot of time outside in the summer. At the beginning of each summer we purchase a boring rectangular blow up pool that usually just barely makes it to the end of the summer. I thought I would post to see if anyone had found any great backyard pools or water accessories.

We are also researching a swingset for the backyard. I see from the other posts that the most popular ones are CedarWorks, Childlife, Rainbow and Backyard Adventures. There were also a lot of posts about the Costco Sunray playground. We only have Sam's Club here and the one they are selling in the store is the Cambridge Wooden Swing Set with Slide (http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=358863). Has anyone purchased this? If so, what do you think? The others above that you design yourself just seem so expensive. We were hoping to spend less than $2,000, but get a good quality swing set that would last ... Are we dreaming?!

Thanks for your opinions!!!

Stacy
Mom to Chase (4 years old), Brady (2 1/2 years old) and Austin (16-months old)

BillK
05-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Sam's Club sells both of the PlayAround sets online - and they're great. We have the Trading post and it's been wonderful. And it's less than 2k - it's around 1500 as I recall.

lutherabc
05-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Thank you so much!!! I checked out the Trading Post online at Sam's Club and it looks great and is priced nicely too!!! Thanks again.

Stacy
:-)

lutherabc
05-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I am so bummed!!! We finally made a decision to go with the Trading Post and went online today and found out that it takes 4 to 6 weeks to receive, which would mean it would be June/July until we receive it. HELP to anyone who has ordered the Trading Post through Sam's Club ... Does it really take that long?! If so, we'll probably go with our second choice ... The Costco Sunray. We are in Nebraska and have no Costco, but there is one in Des Moines so we'll probably spend our holiday weekend driving to Des Moines and picking up a playset. Any reviews on the Sunray?! I'd really love to hear them. Our third choice is one from Lowe's from Leisure Time or Sam's Club has a Leisure Time play set in their stores ... I think it's called the Cambridge, but I've only seen one review about the Cambridge and it wasn't favorable.

I'm really hoping to hear that it doesn't actually take 4 to 6 weeks to get the Trading Post though. We called Sam's Club and of course they won't committ to anything else than what is on their website (which is understandable).

Stacy
Mom to Three Boys ... A 4 year old, 2 1/2 year old and 16 month old