PDA

View Full Version : Sunscreen Recommendations??

MimiSirois
05-22-2007, 11:20 AM
I recently read an article at BabyCenter that says sunscreen should be "chemical-free" or a "physical" one and have zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.

Of course, shortly before reading the article, I opened up my bottle of Coppertone Spray Sunscreen, which goes on nicely on my almost 5YO DH, but does not seem to fit the bill. Gosh, I love this new can of aersol spray, as it doesn't splatter all over! But safety is first.

Does anyone have a sunscreen that they love?

I am really partical to the sticks for the face, as it seems they to have to be thick enough that it will avoid getting in the eyes when the kids sweat or get wet. And my DH freaks when that happens. I do not want her to hate sunscreen!

I have the Baby Blanket stick, which makes my DH look like a ghost (I do not see this with her peers at preschool!). I'm not sure that Baby Blanket is non-chemical though. It looks like California Baby is, which I'm not sure where to track down.

Any other suggestions?

TIA!
Michele

jess
05-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I use Blue Lizard (available online, and at CVS)--it is Chemical Free, blocks UVA+UVB...My Dr. recommended it, and then I read on a Dermatologist website that it is the best sunscreen out there. It's thick, and requires some rubbing in, but I feel like it really does the job.

MollyMAC
03-03-2008, 12:09 PM
My excema prone child just can't take any of the chemical sunscreens, so I finally broke down and bought the super expensive CA Baby. I found it at Target (I've also seen it online at Amazon and Baby Center). It takes ages to get it all rubbed in, but it doesn't cause her skin to react (I think the fact that it's fragrance free also helps), and seems to be doing a great job.