PDA

View Full Version : 16 months and climbing out of crib

susan b.
09-03-2003, 07:44 PM
My 16 month old ds hurled himself over the side of his crib yesterday. thankfully, I was standing there and caught him. I don't know what to do...he's not ready for a twin bed and I'm thinking about this crib tent I saw at the store. Anyone have any suggestions?

JElaineB
09-03-2003, 09:23 PM
I have a crib tent from Tots in Mind (mostly to keep out the cats), and have used it since my son was born. It should work great at keeping little climbers from getting out. My son doesn't even try to climb out yet, even though he loves to climb on everything else (plus I think he is still a little short to attempt to scale the crib). The only issues with the crib tent that I know of is that it can make it hard to change the sheets (I have a lightweight foam mattress so it is not that big of a problem). Some people have trouble getting the side to go up and down with the crib tent installed but I don't have that problem. Occasionally my son will wake up when I zip the zipper, but not usually. Here is a link to the crib tent I have at Baby Center. It has lots of good reviews if you want more info.

http://store.babycenter.com/product/nursery/nursery_accessories/crib_accessories/1444

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

susanb
09-05-2003, 07:48 PM
thank you so much for the info. I went right out and found one yesterday and didn't have to worry during his nap today.....great peace of mind. Thank you for the link, it was nice to read other parents comments.

susan