PDA

View Full Version : Invitation Wording - HELP

mair5091
05-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Calling all creative moms. I need help with wording for my twin girls 2nd birthday party. My daughter Katie loves dalmations and Jillian loves Minnie Mouse. I'm trying to incorporate both themes into one invitation. I would appreciate any help that I can get. Also, if you have any ideas for games, favors, etc.

Thanks

Mary Beth
Mom of Jillian & Katie

raynjen
06-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Ummm, maybe a Polka-dotted Party? Spotted dogs, spotted dress.

Please be Present!
a Polka-dotted Party
for Jillian & Kate
put on your spottiest clothes

Perhaps you could have two cakes here is a cute (and fairly easy) dalmation cake: http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/cake/cake_puppy/ edited to fix the link.

For games:
A easy variation on Twister - cut out 'spots' (or color paper plates) from construction paper and have them scattered about the party area call out a color and have the kids run and stand on that colored spot. A find the bones/bows game - cut bones (dog biscut shape) and bows (Minnie's hair bos) out of construction paper and 'hide' them around the house, bake cookies shaped like bows and bones then have the kids trade the paper versions in for the cookies.

As guest arrive let them pick being a dalmation or a Minnie. Dalmations get puppy ears (construction paper ears) and a 'dog' collar (ribbon with tinfoil tags). Minnie's get mouse ears and a bow.

To keep the paper goods less expensive and less 'themed' try to find spoted paper goods - I found plates and balloons online. You might try ladybug themed paper goods many were plain red with black spots.

Hope this helps kick start your imagination!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

JakesMom
06-15-2004, 06:04 AM
Jen, I just wanted to thank you for the great ideas... you are so creative! I love the "spot" game and will use that for DS's 2nd birthday this summer. Thanks!

JT

raynjen
06-15-2004, 09:33 AM
I would love to take credit, but that is just something I adapted from www.familyfun.org. It is a website sponsored by Disney, so you have to wade through a lot of advertising, but they have some awesome freebies and ideas from kids parties to room decorations.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

candybomiller
06-16-2004, 12:31 PM
I tried to go to www.familyfun.org and wound up at something medical. The actual address is familyfun.com.

raynjen
06-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Whoops! Sorry about that! I use two different websites a lot - one is www.family.org and the other is www.familyfun.com. Sorry for the mixup!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 2/3)

edited for spelling