PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 2 year old goody bags

em_jon98
05-28-2004, 01:43 AM
There are 16 kids in Lindsey's DC class, so I need some ideas for small, pretty cheap items for goody bags for her birthday.

I know we normally just get a bunch of junk in these things, so I would rather have fewer items of better quality and less "junk." However, there are 16 kids, so I need to be budget minded.

So far, I have:
Ernie treat bags
Snuff. "blowers"
full size bubbles (they were $.33 each at the party store vs. 6/$3 for the half size bottles)
Elmo fruit snacks
Sidewalk chalk holders (2/$1 at Wal-Mart) and an extra bucket of chalk to bundle a piece with each holder

I was thinking about Play-Doh, but the party sized containers are $4 for a set of 10. I did find some regular sized containers at Target 8/$2, but I thought the bags might be a bit heavy with the full sized bubbles and a full size Play-Doh.

I feel like I should have at least one more item, and DH doesn't really like the sidewalk chalk holders, so I really need two more ideas. I have tons of ideas around $1-2, but multiply that by 16 and it becomes pricey.

Any suggestions?

redhookmom
05-28-2004, 02:07 AM
I just bought a bag of 100 animals at the parent-teacher store. They are used for math counters. The bag my ds choose was wild animals. They also had dinosaurs, farm animals and different vehicles. The whole bag was $9. When we bought them I was thinking they would be great for party bags or to fill a pinata.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6869.jpg

Andrea S
05-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Stickers

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

hwin708
06-01-2004, 02:50 AM
A popular favor around here is cd's. You can normally get cd-r's free after rebate, or pretty darn cheap, these days. Just keep checking store flyers for their weekend deals. Radio Shack just had a 50 pack of cd-r's for free after rebate, but the offer ended june 1.
Anyway, just take some of your child's favorite songs (perhaps from a sesame street cd, as that appears to be something of a theme you have going), and rip a mix onto a bunch of cd's. Print out cute cd covers, or just pop them in a case with a sesame street sticker on the front, and voila!

JakesMom
06-15-2004, 06:06 AM
Wow, it seems you already have great stuff in the goody bags... do you really need more than that? Don't go too crazy, since most goody toys get lost fairly quickly anyway. I think you're being really generous and will be a very popular mom!!!

Best,
JT

atlbaby
06-16-2004, 03:33 PM
I second the idea of stickers. And I also put in toy sunglasses. These are always a big hit, and it's summertime too! Party City sells pretty cheap packets of stickers and I believe the sunglasses come in packs of 6 (or 8?). The only negative about the sunglasses is that they are pretty flimsy (ie they don't last forever), but they're fun while they last.

HTH!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03

jerseygirl
06-24-2005, 11:31 AM
temporary tattoos

I'm planning my dd 2nd also and so far I have:

bubbles
stickers
crayons
mini activity pad
inflatable beach balls
tattoos

I ordered from oriental trading company (orientaltrading.com).

HTH.

Maritess

MelissaTC
06-26-2005, 11:07 AM
I agree with the PP in that you have a lot of good things already assembled. We have gotten some junky goodie bags before. Your selection sounds great.

I bought stretchy lizards at Target for DS's goodie boxes. They came 8 in a package for $1.99 I think. They were in the party section. last year, I bought the plastic animals from the teacher supply store and gave everyone 2 animals. Sunglasses are always a big hit...

luvbeinmama
07-03-2005, 11:44 PM
I think you have plenty. And I say this as a mom that has seen her kids get and give MANY goody bags. Don't overdo it. The other moms will be thankful.