PDA

View Full Version : Train party: food ideas?

josephsmom
10-23-2005, 12:24 AM
I am planning DS' (gasp!) 4th birthday party, and he has chosen a Thomas the Tank Engine theme. I'm having a hard time thinking of train-related food. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to find train-shaped pasta for mac & cheese, but haven't found any yet. If anyone knows where I can find some, please let me know! Thanks!

Helene
Mommy to Joseph, 12/29/01

raynjen
11-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Sometimes it's just in the name...

How about "All-aboard Apples" (apple slices and dipping sauces), "Thomas Tacos", or "Stationhouse Sandwiches". You could also do almost anything in a "train" shape. Think about celery and cream cheese "cars" - a coal car would have raisins, wood car would have pretzel sticks, box car would have cheese cubes (you could also do this with graham cracker cars or cheese slice cars). You could also look for a train shaped cookie cutter and cut sandwiches or cheese or veggies (depending on size) into train shapes.

I'm not too familiar with the show (I've just seen the books), but do the trains "eat"? Does one take diesel, one coal, one wood, etc? Could you have diesel (apple juice), coal (chocolate marshmallows), wood (big pretzel sticks). Finally, here in Japan, they have "boxed lunches" that they sell for the train. You could probably do something similar by purchasing inexpensive white food boxes and putting in a juice box, sandwich, and chips or by giving each child a box and letting them pick items to put in the box (at a bar of sorts).

Here is a link to Thomas party ideas http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/cartoons/birthday/thomas.htm

Have fun!

Jen (soon to be) in Wichita
Mom to my beautiful daughter,
who is now 4, Noelle!

josephsmom
11-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Good ideas! Thanks for responding.

Helene
Mommy to Joseph 12/29/01