PDA

View Full Version : Would you invite entire class to DS' birthday party?

nicksmom
05-20-2006, 04:33 PM
DH and I are debating about this. DS attends a Montessori school and has about 35 classmates in his class. Throughout the school year he has been invited to numerous birthday parties. Even though he is not always close to those children, we always try to attend because we felt this was a good way to meet the other children and their parents. Now, at the end of the school year, DS' birthday is rolling around. DH thinks we should only invite the children DS usually plays with so that the party can be more intimate. We will be having the party in a local park, so space is not a big concern for me, just the number of party bags, food, etc.

Do you think it is rude to not invite the whole class? We are already having a celebration with cake in his classroom a few days before the party. WWYD?

TIA for any input.

Kellie

kedss
05-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Hmm, can you invite the ones he is close with and the kids whose parties he went to? I would make the food/favors simple, like have it after lunch so all you need to worry about is the cake and ice cream, then let the kids run wild at the park afterwards.

just my 2 cents worth. :)

BellaGirl
05-31-2006, 09:08 AM
I would not invite the entire class...especially because at 35kids, I think that's really a lot to handle! Besides, I remember as a child not being invited to *every* party...and it was just a fact of life. That said, I would invite every child that invited your DS to their party along with his more close friends. There is a tacit rule of reciprocation that you just can't break! :)

Hope your DS has a fun party!

charmcitymama
09-12-2006, 11:24 PM
35 kids? Heck no!!! That would be in addition to all the other kids he is friends with, neighbors, family, and all the other adults.