PDA

View Full Version : Twin birthday party gift question

debh2005
02-18-2007, 10:33 AM
DS is in a Toddler Montessori class and invited to 3 year old twin girls birthday party. He is only in class with twin 1. The invitation only says the name of twin 1. Twin 2 is in another class at the school. They each invited their entire class. (22 invited total).
He doesn't really know twin 2.

I was only planning to gift twin 1, since twin 2 had her own invitations for her class.

Should I give a gift for twin 2? Or am I ok with only a gift for twin 1?

Some of the parents don't even know about the other twin, or that this is a twin party.

Help is appreciated.

On a side note - DS is 2.5 yr old - the mom says to drop him off is this normal?
I'm new to kid b-day parties.

SnuggleBuggles
02-18-2007, 11:07 PM
"On a side note - DS is 2.5 yr old - the mom says to drop him off is this normal?"

Not in my circle. Our kids are all turning 4-5 and parents still come. One invite said it would be ok for parents to not stay but everyone did. Maybe they are worried about space or something (sounds like a gigantic party!) but for a 2.5yo I wouldn't leave. B-day parties are fun and a great way to get to know the other parents.

As for the gift, I may get twin 2 a card but probably not a present. She will get presents from her classmates and twin 1 will get presents from her classmates. I am sure that there will be a host of approaches to your dilema from the other parents (you may want to ask around if you are close with other parents). But, I think a card is a good happy medium- it acknowledges the b-day girl but since your ds doesn't really know her I don't think he needs to bring a gift. Do what you are comfortable with though. That's just probably what I would do.

Beth

debh2005
02-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks for your advice, Beth.

DH and I were talking about it last night and we decided that I would stick around because we just didn't feel comfortable leaving DS - this is the place where the party is:

http://www.pumpitupparty.com/vernonhills.html

It even says something about parents being allowed to stay on their site. I know most of the parents in the class but felt awkward calling to ask.

I like the card idea for twin 2.

Thanks again,

SnuggleBuggles
02-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Definetly a good idea to stay. :) My ds hated those inflateable things till he was 3.5. The blowing air and noise bugged the heck out of him before that and he wouldn't go in them. It would have been a long party for the hosts trying to keep him entertained when the planned activity was a dud for him. :)

Have fun!
Beth

hollybloom24
05-26-2008, 08:45 PM
As a parent of twins, I think it is important for each child to have their own friends and relationships, so I would stick with one gift for the twin you know. A card for the other twin is a very nice gesture.

I don't think drop-off parties start around (Boston, Mass) here until age 5.