PDA

View Full Version : Picture frames for kids to decorate

Mamma2004
05-01-2007, 04:24 PM
DS is turning 3 on May 24 and his party will be at our home on May 19. I prefer to stay away from the usual candy and trinkets that one normally finds in goody bags. I will surely have some little toys and and treats (or perhaps coloring books, crayons, play doh, etc.) but I would also love to find picture frames that the toddlers and preschoolers could decorate themselves. I would include a photograph that I have already taken of the child (with or without my DS) and the parents could decide whether to include it in that frame or not.

Any ideas where I should look?

TIA!
Stephanie

s7714
05-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Most craft stores have foam picture frames that are ready to decorate. You can buy the blank frames and a tub of foam shapes and let them go to town decorating. We did it at a craft playdate recently and all the kids had a lot of fun. (The kids younger than 3 needed a little help to use the gluesticks and stuff, but they still had fun.)

HTH,
Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

Tondi G
05-01-2007, 05:35 PM
IKEA or craft stores like Michaels

Mommy_Again
05-01-2007, 08:09 PM
I've ordered from Oriental Trading...I know they make cheapy foam ones that I assemble ahead of time and mail a photo of the child from the party along with the thank you note. I have done this for 2 of the 3 bday parties for Will. I bet they have some other options besides foam, too...nice thing is that it came as a kit with all the pieces together.

Mamma2004
05-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for mentioning OT - I had checked their site briefly without seeing anything. Now I know they do have them!

I'll also have to try Michael's.

I just thought it would be fun to do a craft that they could then USE. I'm open to other suggestions, too!

Stephanie