PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Party Favours

niccig
05-02-2007, 02:23 AM
If at the beginning of the party I give out construction hat, apron, name badge and plastic tools (all from dollar store or oriental trading), total cost less than $5, do I still need to do a goody bag when they leave? I don't want to be stingy, nor do I want to appear too generous (we can afford more things than some friends). I was going to write names on things, so hopefully the kids don't lose anything - but that may cause their own fights too.

new_mommy25
05-02-2007, 02:45 AM
No. I think those are enough. Maybe get a bag for each kid so they can take home their loot easily. You can get paper lunch bags for cheap and write each childs name on it.

Fairy
05-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I go way overboard. I would get a goody bag, too, but that said, it is unnecessary. I think what you're already doing should be considered the goody bag, but I agree that maybe what you could do is provide a bag to put the loot into. How about standard sized gift bags in different colors from Target? If you want to do more, then how about a treat or sheet of stickers inside each bag, as well?

sidmand
05-02-2007, 11:07 AM
I also tend to go way overboard, but even to me, that sounds like plenty and some great goodies! Just a cheapo bag to take it all home in would be cute. I like the idea of paper bags with their names on them. You'd probably need store-size bags for all that loot though!

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

niccig
05-02-2007, 11:43 AM
A bag is a great idea - I'll check out the dollar store. I'm going to get a sheet of stickers in construction theme from oriental trading - it has a background scene and stickers to decorate- it'll be one of the activities. Have to love Oriental Trading - and this time I'm organized enough to do cheapest shipping.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-15-2008, 04:25 PM
I think that is plenty. If you want to do more, a cute sugar cookie you make in an appropriate theme shape would be great, too.