PDA

View Full Version : Kindermusik and Gymboree classes

Emily Eisenberg
09-24-2001, 08:25 PM
I have had my son in both of these classes since he was 6 months old. He is now 20 months old and is still loving them !!! Gymboree has helped him physically and socially. There are different classes for different age groups and each as challenging as the next. It has also allowed me to meet other mothers and form several new friendships. Being a stay at home mom, I wanted to find classes that my son and I could enjoy together. Kindermusik has awakened the talent side of my son. Anytime he hears music, he starts to move. He dances and leaps and jumps to the beat. I will definately continue this class to the end. I have also heard good things about The Little Gym. I may move him from Gymboree to this to learn more gymnastic abilities. What has anyone else heard??? :)

elaine
11-24-2001, 10:55 PM
I like Gymboree too, although the insertion of "Gymboree" and "Gymbo" into every song does grate on my nerves. It is a good chance for dd to socialize a bit, and she always (a) has a good time and (b) falls asleep immediately afterwards. :)

Even if you don't take the classes, the open play gym is a fun thing to do from time to time.

agagne1
02-10-2002, 09:24 PM
where do I find these classes?

suzska
02-11-2002, 12:53 PM
For Gymboree, go to their site (http://www.gymboree.com) to find the location(s) nearest to you. Then you can call them and they can send you a brochure with class times and price information (it varies by franchise). The website has descriptions of the different classes for the different age levels.

I live about halfway between two different franchise locations, and while one is about $9 cheaper, their schedule didn't meet ours, so we went with the other location. The classes we attend are actually held in a church's activity room (the others were held at a community center gymnasium).

I haven't looked into kindermusik, yet.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

suzska
02-11-2002, 02:45 PM
I forgot to mention that you can attend a preview class for free. There's a coupon for the class on the website, but nobody ever asked for ours.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

emmiem
02-11-2002, 08:50 PM
There is also a class called Musikgarten which is similar to Kindermusik. If possible, get names of people who have gone to each one. The instructor makes a big difference and all the classes are similar.

Naomismom
03-13-2002, 04:15 PM
Our two year old daughter actually attends both Little Gym and Gymboree, mostly to add some variety to her stay-at-home Dad's routine. Little Gym is much more focused on the physical activity and has equipement that is probably a bit more challenging for a child who is an accomplished walker. You'll find yourself singing fewer songs, although there is background music for all the free-play time.

DDplusTwinsMommy
09-10-2002, 03:05 PM
The same also applies to Kindermusik:
http://www.kindermusik.com/

ENJOY!

SUSAN