PDA

View Full Version : What classes are fun?

redhookmom
09-08-2003, 08:46 PM
What classes have you taken with your toddlers? I have a 13 month old on the cusp of toddlerhood. (She can toddle but chooses to crawl.) We have gone to a Mommie and Me swim class which we both really enjoyed.

There is a Mommy and Me playgroup at a local preschool which I am considering; would love advice, suggestions from other Moms!

Jessica

Jeanmick
09-08-2003, 10:11 PM
I posted more info under the "Music/Gym classes in San Diego..." but my DD and I took a Parent and Me gym class through the YMCA. Maybe your area might have something similar. It was a lot of fun. Even my husband enjoyed it w/ her. They had balance beams, tumbling and climbing, trampolines and even a parachute which the kids were able to hold and watch go up and down.

jadamom
09-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Our local park district, hospital, and library have lots of programs for babies and toddlers. We went to Babygarten, Baby's first music, Baby sign language, Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes, and Tot Rock. They involved singing, rhymes, marching, simple instruments, simple crafts, or storytime. Some of them had free time at the end for parents to interact. The library was free, and the others were $6-10 each week for a 45-60 minute class. Jada enjoyed all of them except Gymboree, which was the most expensive at around $12 a class. Somehow, she didn't like the instructor and the parachute scared her sometimes, but she did love the songs and climbing on the equipment. I like that she gets to interact with other kids and explore new places and be exposed to different things. I've noticed that the zoo, arboretum, and children's museum have classes for kids as young as 2, so we'll look into that in the spring. We are also in a playgroup that meets in each other's homes every week. It's a great opportunity to share and vent and connect with other moms while the kids play with each other's toys. Definitely check out the playgroup!

egoldber
09-09-2003, 07:38 PM
I have done baby sign language and swimming. We are getting ready to do an "art" class, called "Preschool Picassos". That starts next week. I'm hoping she'll get the finger painting experience with no mess for me to clean up, LOL!! :)

My local county parks and rec has a HUGE number of classes for toddlers and preschoolers. Its worth checking out.

HTH,

jadamom
09-26-2003, 09:06 AM
Here's a Gymboree class coupon. They have new art classes. Could be fun, but expensive! :)

http://a116.g.akamai.net/7/116/2088/infinite/www.gymboree.com/promo/campaign/092403PMArtsOnline.html

You and your child are invited to try a free Arts, Music or Play class at your local Gymboree Play & Music center. Simply click here for your coupon redeemable for a free preview class and $20 off your first enrollment. For new members only.

Rachels
09-29-2003, 08:53 AM
We do Music Together, which is great!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

KUvsOU
10-15-2003, 04:35 PM
We took swim lessons this summer. My son has also been in Kindermusik since he was 2-1/2 months old and absolutely loves it. We are luck to have a great instructor that has a music background.

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02