PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree Art Classes??

egoldber
11-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Has anyone taken a Gymboree Arts class? I took an art with Sarah through my local Parks and Rec center this fall and I was really disappointed in it. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this class. Or anything similar for that matter.

khakismom
11-19-2003, 12:56 PM
Kathleen and I took one this past fall. She and I both really enjoyed it. During the class, you would do 2 art projects, some Play-Dough time, some time exploring in the tactile box, snack time, some singing time, and some time with large soft building blocks.

However, I don't think I'll be doing it again. Kathleen, I would say, prefers the regular Gymboree play classes. Plus, DH kept asking why we were paying for her to do this considering she is at school all day, doing art projects there. He had a point. :) But I was the only WOHM in the classroom--everyone else either worked PT or was a SAHM. If Kathleen wasn't in school FT, I would definitely sign up for this class. If Sarah doesn't get enough art time at preschool, then this might be a fun class for her. See if the instructor would let you schedule a preview class. Good luck!! :)

mommymaria
12-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Hi, Beth.

Nikolas (27 months) and I did a trial Gymboree art class this summer. In my opinion, the class length was a bit too long at 75 minutes. Most of the kids, Nikolas included, had really lost interest at the end and were either restless or off doing their own thing.

The Little Gym has a 45 minute craft and story time. We have not tried it yet, but some of the parents/children go directly to this class from our gym class and really seem to enjoy it.

Maria