PDA

View Full Version : good books on toddler development?

spu
04-29-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm looking for suggestions on good books on toddler development, behavior, etc... Anyone read Parenting Guide to Your Toddler or Parenting Guide to Positive Discipline? or The Everything Toddler Book?

any thoughts would be great!

-- ps - Is this the first post in this section? :)

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte + else

http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/bash/nonflash/year.html

Lucia
04-29-2004, 11:32 PM
I haven't read either of those, but I will put them on my list for future reading.

Right now I am reading Love and Logic For the Early Years and also The Happiest Toddler on the Block. So far, both have good and useful tips for parenting toddlers. The Happiest Toddler on the Block seems to have more specific details on toddler development. Once I finish both books, I'd be happy to share my thoughts on them in more detail. You can probably check them out of the library.

I also have the What To Expect Book during Toddler Years ....similar to the other What to Expect books...divided up by age with questions and answers about a wide variety of topics.

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

Lucia
04-29-2004, 11:35 PM
You might also want to check out the toddler lounge area...there was a similar post about books not too long ago. Hope you find what you are looking for. I love reading and I am always happy to talk about and hear about what others are reading.

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

mattmom
05-28-2005, 02:51 AM
"The New First Three Years" by Burton L. White is a wonderful book for newborn up to 3 years old. It's very specific on what types of activities a child at that stage would be interested in and more importantly, it explains how to raise the child so that he/she is not spoiled. It's been a great reference book, and it's one of top 3 books that I recommend to new moms.