PDA

View Full Version : Positive disciplining books

cpepper
07-29-2006, 07:05 PM
I am not sure if this is the right spot to post this but I am wondering if anyone can recommend some good books on positive discipline? DS is almost 18 mo and kind of mischievious. My husband and I both come from spanking homes. We are both committed to keep discipline positive, we just need so more ideas and info on it. I have the what to expect for toddlers book and like the ideas there I would just like some more information. Any recommendations are appreciated.

mommysammi
07-30-2006, 02:33 PM
I have and like this one: "Making Children Mind without Losing Yours," by Dr. Levin (can't remember his first name). Although it's Christian based, I think it's helpful to Christian and non-Christian parents. HTH.

cpepper
07-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks, I will look in to that.

Karenn
07-30-2006, 05:52 PM
Bailey, Becky - Easy to love, difficult to discipline
Nelsen, Jane - Positive discipline books (there's a whole series)
Cline and Fay -Love and Logic: A Practical Guide to Parenting
Sears, William- The Discipline Book

Here's a few. A lot of discipline books are really geared for older kids though. While not a discipline book, I also like The Happiest Toddler on the Block by Harvey Karp for toddler issues. It gave me good insight into why my toddlers were doing what they were doing, which made it easier to address the behavior.

I think you might also get some ideas for books if you search for "positive discipline" or "gentle discipline" in the baby bargains lounge.

HTH,

cpepper
08-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the ideas. I have a few Sears books and have liked them all so I will check those out.