PDA

View Full Version : Disney Bargains

nywifey
09-03-2002, 03:46 PM
My family frequents Disneyworld at least twice a year. I've found amazing discounts at the following:

Mousesavers.com
This site lists all discounts that are out there. Code numbers, coupons, etc..

American Express Travel
American Express is the offical card of Walt Disney World, therefore they offer amazing discounts. I was able to book a land/sea package (Deluxe Disney hotel and Disney Cruise) for 1/2 the price with an American Express promotion package.

Entertainment Book
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels are located on disney property but are not operated by disney. Therefore, 50% off rates are offered. I was able to stay at the Swan in a deluxe room for 8 days for 50% off the rack rate. Plus, you are smack in the middle of a prime location. Steps to Epcot, MGM, and the Boardwalk.

Disney Club
The Disney Club will always give you 15% off the rack rate. I use this when all else fails.

The best disney board out there for tips and info from Disney fanatics is www.disboards.com

Hope this helps!

TaraNY
10-08-2002, 10:59 PM
I second the recommendations for both mousesavers.com and disboards.com. They are great. DIS even has a message board for people traveling with children and it's full of great tips.

One note -- Disney is discontinuing the Disney Club. It's a shame, too, though they had gotten rid of most of the deals anyway and it wasn't nearly as good a deal as it used to be.

-Tara

opus
05-14-2004, 02:25 AM
I believe the Disney Club was terminated in December of 2003, wasn't it?

I agree about Mousesavers.com. Lots of good info.

houseof3boys
05-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the info. We are looking into DVC (Disney Vacation Club) right now and it looks like you go to Disney every year or every other year, this is a great thing in about 6 years!!!

emschwar
06-13-2006, 09:45 PM
How do you find out about the amex discounts? We have an amex and would love to find some info on discounts for our thanksgiving trip

momtoB
06-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Sign into your account on www.americanexpress.com and click on "my wishlist" to see current offers. We have the Cost True Earnings card where we earn 2% back for the money we spend at Costco.

You should also check out the Disney Visa: http://www.chase.com/PFSCreditCardHome.html. Sometimes they have offers as well, and you earn reward dollars you can spend at Disney & they do special offers as well.

Of course, with any card you have to be careful of interest. We pay our balance off in full every month so that we don't accrue interest, which can be rather high, even if you have excellent credit.

As far as special deals at Disney go though, we have gotten better deals off of Mousesavers.com. Be sure to sign up for the Monthly newsletter that she sends out. It has offers on it that the website doesn't show!

hth!
Cheryl