PDA

View Full Version : Suites @ DLR Hotels

Jeanmick
07-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Has anyone stayed at a suite in any of the DLR hotels (DL Hotel, Grand Californian, Paradise Pier)? If you have, generally how much are they and what were they like? I've searched the internet but all I come up with are prices for the standard rooms and some reviews about the hotels in general. I know I can call them but I thought I might ask those of you who have stayed at any of the suites first. Any input is appreciated! :)

mom2kandj
07-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Jeannette -

I stayed at the Grand CA back in its first year. I believe the room rate was around $200, but we stayed in a standard room. The crazy thing is that our standard room had a king bed and then it also had a set of bunk beds(full with a twin on top). It is all really hazy as this was a random spur of the moment overnighter when DH threw DD at grandma and packed me an overnight bag himself! :P Also, DH did this as a surprise and did NO advance pricing, hence the hefty price tag!

Also, Paradise Pier was not originally built as a Disney property(it was part of asian chain for awhile) and is therefore consistently priced lower than the other two. If the prices are comparable, my first choice would be the Grand as the entire facility is gorgeous. If you are considering other hotels in the area, I'd also look at Embassy Suites (or the like) as often they have good facilities, complimentary breakfast, and comparable ticket packages. HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02

Jeanmick
07-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the tips, Rose. We've decided to stay at the DLR for a few days. We booked a one-bedroom suite at the PPH since we have our kiddos with us, although it would've been nice to stay at the GC. Rooms at the GC do have a hefty price tag, don't they? My DH and I want to do an overnighter there so badly, though! My DB and SIL stayed there for three nights as part of their honeymoon and had a great time. Oh well, one day....<<sigh>>... :)